A. Every resident of the Town is qualified to register and vote in Town elections if he:
1. Is a citizen of the United States;
2. Will be eighteen (18) years of age or more on or before the date of the next Town election following registration;
3. Will have been a resident of the Town 29 days next preceding the date of the next Town election;
4. Is able to write his or her name, or make a mark, unless prevented from doing so by physical disability;
5. Has not been convicted of treason or a felony, unless restored to civil rights; and
6. Has not been adjudicated an incapacitated person as defined by ARIZ. REV. STAT. §14-5101, or its successor statute.
B. For the purposes of this Article, "resident" means an individual who has actual physical presence in the Town, combined with an intent to remain. A temporary absence shall not result in a loss of residence if the individual has intent to return following his or her absence. An individual has only one residence for purposes of this Article. (12-08, Amended, 12/20/2012; 98-33, Added, 12/03/1998)