1. Any business office in which chattels or goods, wares, or merchandise is not commercially created, repaired, sold or exchanged.
2. Offices for:
b. Advertising agency
d. Business Association
g. Collection Agency
k. Insurance broker
m. Labor Union
n. Marriage Counselor
t. Private Detective
u. Private Employment Agency
v. Professional Membership Organization
w. Public Stenographer
x. Real Estate Broker
aa. Talent Agency
bb. Telephone Message Service
cc. Other similar professional and semi-professional work.
3. Banks, building and loan associations, savings and loan associations, credit unions, finance companies, and investment companies.
4. Studios for photography, fine or commercial arts or other professional work.
5. Medical and clinical laboratories.
6. Post office.
7. Pharmacy, when in conjunction with a medical center consisting of offices occupied by five (5) or more doctors provided that there shall be no outside entrance for business purposes, and that no sign or display be located so as to be visible from a public thoroughfare or adjacent property.
1. Commercial Uses:
a. Amusement arcades
e. Bookstores, other than adult bookstores
f. Child care centers
h. Dry-cleaners and self-serve laundries
i. Dry-goods and notions
j. Florists (retail)
k. Food Stores
l. Gift Shops
m. Hardware stores
n. Insurance agencies
q. Photo shops
r. Photo studios
s. Real estate offices
u. Variety stores
v. Wearing apparel stores.
b. Land surveyors
c. Dental and related health professional offices
d. Medical laboratories
e. Private schools for academic instruction
f. Veterinary clinics, no outdoor facilities
g. Other similar professional offices
3. Public and Quasi-Public Uses.
b. Golf courses including clubhouses located thereon, but not including miniature courses or practice driving ranges operated for commercial purposes;
e. Public schools;
f. Publicly or privately owned or operated fire stations, and publicly owned or operated police stations and post offices;
g. Utility services, but not including offices, wastewater treatment plants, generating plants, and wireless communication towers and antennas, unless otherwise specifically permitted elsewhere in the ordinance.
4. Sale of new and used automobiles, golf carts, all-terrain vehicles, and motorcycles are permitted in the C-1 and C-C Zoning Districts provided, all the following conditions are met:
a. All display of inventory and merchandise is completely within an enclosed building, without outdoor display of any vehicle;
b. All sales activities occur within the building;
c. No washing, maintenance, or service work is performed on the vehicles on site;
d. The maximum area devoted to display of vehicles does not exceed 5,000 square feet; and
e. May not have overnight parking.
1. Automobile laundries, provided steam cleaning is confined to an enclosed building.
2. Automobile repair shops and garages, including an outside vehicle storage area to be used only for vehicles under repair which shall be completely screened from any street or surrounding property, and further provided all repair operations are conducted within a building.
3. Bars, including retail sales of package goods for off-site consumptions; provided, that there is no entertainment or music audible off-site unless otherwise permitted pursuant to Chapter 25 of this ordinance.
4. Blueprint, photo static and reproduction (copy) services.
5. Catering establishments not utilizing any manufacturing process or outside storage of materials or vehicles.
6. Conservatories or studios: Art, dancing or music.
7. Drive-in restaurants and refreshment stands.
8. Electrical fixtures and appliance sales repair and service.
10. Health spas and public gyms.
12. Laboratories, medical or dental.
13. Liquor stores.
15. Plumbing shops.
16. Pool halls or billiard centers.
17. Radio and television broadcasting stations and studios, but not including transmitter towers and stations.
18. Restaurants and cafes, including outdoor patios with or without cocktail lounges; provided, that there is no entertainment or music audible off-site unless otherwise permitted pursuant to Chapter 25 of this ordinance. Any outdoor patio with alcoholic beverage service must be enclosed as required by Arizona Revised Statues § 4-207.01, as amended, except for the time during which a current and applicable barrier exemption, as granted by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control, is in place for the outdoor patio.
19. Retail stores.
21. Trade schools.
22. Upholstery shops.
a. Animals shall not be boarded or lodged except for short periods of observation incidental to care or treatment.
c. No kennels or exercise runs will be permitted.
d. All refuse shall be stored within the enclosed building or within odor proof containers.
25. In the C-2 district, sale of new and used automobiles, golf carts, all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles are permitted, provided all the following conditions are met:
a. All display of inventory and merchandise is completely within an enclosed building, without outdoor display of any vehicle; and
b. All sales activities occur within the building.
26. Substance abuse or addiction treatment center. Must be located at least 2,000 feet from any other detoxification center, substance abuse or addiction treatment center, or transitional community residence.
1. Art metal and ornamental iron shops.
2. Cabinet and carpentry shops.
4. Landscape material sales, provided all incidental equipment and supplies, including fertilizer and empty cans, are kept within a completely enclosed building or within an area enclosed on all sides by a solid fence or wall at least six (6) feet in height, and no goods, materials or objects are stacked higher than the fence or wall so erected.
5. Lumber yards not including industrial milling or plaining operations.
6. Miniature golf courses and driving ranges.
7. New and used automobiles, boats, golf carts, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, travel trailers, recreational vehicle sales and rental including indoor and/or outside display area, provided all sales and repair activities are conducted within a building and subject to Site Plan approval pursuant to Section 2.04 of this zoning ordinance.
8. Nurseries, flower and plant sales, provided all incidental equipment and supplies including fertilizer and empty cans, are kept within a completely enclosed building or within an area enclosed on all sides by a solid fence or wall at least six (6) feet in height and no goods, materials or objects are stacked higher than the fence or wall so erected.
9. Printing, lithography and publishing establishments.
10. Rental services: Household construction, landscaping, sickroom or office equipment; but not equipment customarily used for heavy construction. Outdoor storage must be screened from public and adjoining property view.
11. Stone monument sales.
13. Truck stops, with customary accessory facilities including but not limited to restaurant, convenience retail, motel, truck wash, and minor repair facilities but not including major repair, freight storage, freight handling, warehousing or distribution facilities.
14. Wholesale ice distributing stations.