1. Any individual applying for a building permit or use permit who intend to install outdoor light fixtures shall, as a part of the permit application, submit evidence that the proposed light fixtures will comply with this chapter.
B. Contents of Application: The application for building permit or use permit shall contain, but shall not necessarily be limited to the following, all or a portion of which may be part of or in addition to the information required elsewhere in this Zoning Ordinance.
1. Plans indicating the location on the premises, and the type of illuminating devices, fixtures, lamps, supports, etc.
2. Description of the illuminating devices, fixtures, lamps, supports, etc. shall include at least the initial lumen output, shielding planned, and manufacturer's catalog cuts, and drawings (including Sections where required). Additional information may be required, as deemed necessary by the Zoning Administrator.
3. If an applicant desires to use an outdoor light fixture that is different from what is in the application, the applicant shall submit the requested change to the Zoning Administrator with adequate information to allow a determination in compliance with this chapter.
The above required plans and descriptions shall be sufficiently complete to enable the reviewing department to readily determine compliance with the requirements of this chapter. If such plans and descriptions do not readily enable this determination, the applicant shall submit evidence of compliance by certified test reports as performed by a recognized testing lab.
1. In commercial, industrial, lodging, and multifamily zoning districts, unshielded lighting on a property shall not exceed:
2. To prevent over-lighting in commercial, industrial, lodging, and multifamily zoning districts, the total amount of lighting on a property, both shielded and unshielded, shall not exceed:
3. In single-family residential zoning districts and for single-family residential uses, outdoor lighting is not subject to a lumen density cap, but is subject to shielding requirements as set forth in section 8.02(A).